Variables

May 17, 2021

I have 2 slides which have a selection of 66 skills to choose from, and the user chooses 5 on each which are dragged to a hotspot.

I want to revisit the options chosen, and trying to come up with the nest way of doing this, without having to add a variable to each option. Is there a way of revisiting the slide, and then using layers?

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Janine,

I'm not sure if this will help with what you are trying to achieve, but in the attached example I have used a Selected state for each button to show when it has been selected, rather than use a drag and drop to a hotspot. You could still create the same effect using a hotspot and states, but it would be slightly more complicated.

If you use states to indicate your selections, you don't need to use variables and, provided you set Resume Saved State when Revisiting in the Slide Properties, you will still be able to see what was selected whenever you return to that slide and will also be able to amend your selection at any stage:

If, however, you wish to use that selection elsewhere to drive other content or you wish to make sure that the user cannot select more than five options, you will need to use variables.