Video in Storyline 360

Mar 04, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple questions that relate to an uploaded video in Storyline 360.  This is not a video embedded but rather one created and uploaded internally. 

1.  Is there a way to allow a video to play in the full player if the user elects to watch "in full screen"?  Considering that if they start watching the video in the player and then click full screen, that the video would pick up where it left off. 

2.  Is there a way for the user to slow down a video or speed up a video?  I plan on having the scroll bar, but the SME is curious if we can have the participant click a button to have the video go into slow motion. 

3 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hello Brandon!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 65 (Build 3.65.28121.0) today! 

Included in this release is an enhancement where all learners are enabled to interact with videos via accessible controls that match the modern player style, exceed color contrast guidelines, and communicate perfectly with screen readers. Learners can even change the playback speed, switch to full-screen mode, and use picture-in-picture mode to move videos to a floating window.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

Luciana Piazza

Hello, everyone. 

I have exciting news to share!

We have just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 67, we've included important fixes and features. 

One of the features we've included is: 

Adding a player toggle to let learners view courses in full-screen mode.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!