Video with transparent background in Storyline 360

Jul 14, 2017

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a video clip with a transparent background into Storyline 360 and if so, what format did you use so that 360 maintains the transparency.

Thanks
Dave

92 Replies
Cory Warshawsky

I want to design the facilitator's face to integrate into the elearning.

Rather than having a script read (audio only) or having a video place holder taking up real estate to play content, I want a facilitator/presenter to be an object alongside buttons, quiz questions, and all of the content. I want to integrate the facilitator the same way we do with a transparent PNG; they can appear/disappear just like any object - without needing to live on layer or be placed into a "frame."

Here is a rough example I tossed together in a few days. I used Zoom to record the video with a solid-colored background. I then had to painstakingly color match the background in my Storyline project to make it feel seamless. Not my proudest work but an example of what I want to accomplish with transparent video as an option. 

(WARNING: my project wasn't built for mobile and glitches by stopping the ability to progress if viewed on iOS devices; Android not tested)

360 Review Link: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b1a55f64-50cc-4657-ba76-f1f587defa2d/review

Password: SAFE-ly  

Cory Warshawsky

Hey Alencar, I tested the link and password just now and it seems to work on my end. Make sure to use uppercase for "SAFE", include the dash line with no spaces before or after, and lowercase "ly"  

Try copying this and pasting it into the password field: SAFE-ly

(WARNING: my project wasn't built for mobile and glitches by stopping the ability to progress if viewed on iOS devices; Android not tested)