Web Objects

Jan 26, 2022

I have web objects embedded in lightbox slides that open websites w/in the training. The urls are all https links. When I choose 'display in slide' and test the link in the 'edit web object' box, the links work and the website opens. When I view the slides on Review 360, a couple of them won't open and I get the message "website refused to connect". In the past, when a website has restricted the way people connect to their site, I would get that message when I tested the link but that is not happening here. When I change the display option to "display in a new browser window" they open in a new browser window as normal but I would prefer to keep the learner w/in the training instead of opening a new window. Is there something I am missing?

7 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Rebecca,

I appreciate you reaching out and sharing what you are currently experiencing with your web objects.

Some websites are intentionally prevented from displaying inside an iFrame, which sounds like what you may be experiencing and why it works when opening in a new browser window.

• Does the web object open as intended in the final environment?
Rebecca Winnier

In the past when I've tried to link to a website that prevents displaying their website inside an iFrame, the test link shows me that error during the creation of the web object. That error is not happening in this case. I only see the problem on Review 360 - not when I test the link. Which is what I thought the test link button was for - prompting my question in case there was something I was missing. When I change the display option to "display in a new browser window" they open in a new browser window as expected.