Work done in Storyline 360 on Dec 7, 2021 seems to be lost.

Dec 08, 2021

Yesterday I did quite a bit in Storyline 360 and saved throughout the day. Late in the day, I had issues using the text-to-speech feature, so I saved one more time and logged off. This morning (Dec 8) my .story file shows a prior date and all the work I did on Dec 7 is gone. Is anyone else seeing this? Can my work be recovered?

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Paulette,

We did have an outage from one of our service providers yesterday, which affected the Text-to-Speech function.

However, Storyline 360 files would not have been affected by this.

• Are your software, project files, and assets stored on your local drive, which is typically your C: Drive?
  • Do you have a file backup program running?

There may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

Please consider using the preventative measures described in this article to protect your project files.