An object is magnetized to a different area when using drag and drop and motion path for animation

Feb 01, 2023

Hello, articulate turned out to be a wonderful tool for developing interactive tasks and games. I have been familiar with this program for almost a year and, but everything is different, which makes me think how to do it. We have now made several games with drag and drop elements, if the answer is not correct then the object should go back, for this I used the animation path. Now when I answer incorrectly on cell 1 and then the correct object on cell 1 and after that I put another incorrect object on cell 2, my answer is magnetized on the 1st cell.

1 Reply
Ange CM

Hi Shukurullo Sagdullaev,  Coming at this a bit late.  The problem as I understand it, is you have changed the state of the rectangles if the answer is correct,  the item cannot be moved after the state has changed  thus they appear  'magnetized'  to the spot.

Attached is a new Drag and drop using the insert freeform Drag and Drop in SL,
There are options you can choose to take the item back to the start point if incorrect and not allow two items on the same rectangle (see slide 2) .

The motion path is not in the sample as return is automatic using freefrom if that option has been selected from options.  

If you want to keep the motion path you would need to change your triggers so the state doesn't change on 'correct' rectangles (rendering it immovable) until all items have been chosen.