Design Ideas

Jun 28, 2022

Hello E-Learning Heroes, 

I am new to E-Learning in general, but am also a subject matter expert on the courses/topics I am tasked with creating. I am using Storyline 360 pretty much exclusively, but also occasional Rise 360 content as well.

Currently working on an instructional course in Storyline for some software used by my team for some specific equipment and am struggling a bit on how to present some of this information, the attached image is the main window of the software in question and my intent is to have the learner able to click on each item in the "main window" and then get a description of each item, I have experimented a little with layers and using hotspots, etc. but seems like lot of layers, triggers, hotspot's etc., and was wondering if anyone can help steer me in the right direction. I have a decent grasp on Storyline capabilities, just looking for some creative ideas.

Thanks,

6 Replies
Sarah Hodge

Hey Michael! Thanks for posting your question here! Tom's overlay idea looks sleek! Since you mentioned you're looking for some ideas around software tutorials, I thought I'd also chime in and share this recent article on 6 different software training examples.

The first example actually uses Rise 360 to introduce new software in an innovative way. If you like this setup, you can send yourself a copy and edit as needed. The other examples were created in Storyline 360 and show a few other ways to present and teach new software. I hope those projects spark some new ideas for you!