Feedback on my first Articulate 360 project

Jul 19, 2022

Hi all

I'm a newbie to e-learning and this is my first post on the forums. I’ve been really enjoying getting to know Articulate 360, it’s great fun and easy to use. I made an interactive presentation on mental health tips in the workplace to help me learn the basics of the software. 

I’d really like to take my Articulate projects to the next level so if you have a spare 5m I’d really appreciate any feedback on what I should focus on next (this could be in terms of instructional design as well as Articulate itself!). One thing I’m thinking about is how I can improve the smoothness of transitions and animations. 

Perhaps you could share what is one thing you thought was good and one thing you thought could be improved?

Thanks in advance for any comments. 

https://sga360kk.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Kalm+Kelvin+FINAL+WEB+-+Storyline+output/story.html

6 Replies
Bianca Woods

Hi Seb and welcome to both the community and to using Storyline 360!

I really liked how you used a story to make the information about staying healthy at work come to life. Scenarios like this are so effective for taking general advice and showing how it actually applies on the job. In fact, if you wanted to, you could probably build in even more story details about Kelvin's situation into the scenario without it taking away from the experience.

As for an area for improvement, I played through it a few times and wasn't entirely sure how the branching and battery/point system worked. Some dialogue sections seemed to have good and bad answers and others just had a single good option. Which isn't to say you have to always have multiple options, but for a short scenario like this where you're trying to help people see both good and bad work habits, it might be worth including multiple options at each decision point to better highlight habits to avoid.

As for the battery/points, sometimes I saw the battery go up and down, a few times I saw a points number on-screen, and the final screen had a points total at the bottom but was always 0 no matter which choices I made. I think you could probably simplify this to just the battery or points.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any follow-up questions!