I would love your feedback!

Nov 08, 2022

Hi!

I'm working on my portfolio/skills in storyline and I recently finished the first version of a little module on FIVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INCLUDING YOUNG WOMEN IN DECISION-MAKING.

I would be forever grateful if anyone had any feedback for me re. accessibility, general content flow, or any other feedback/advice you might have. 

All content credited to: https://www.foranetwork.org/ 

Review link: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/5204d61f-44cb-4b25-b16a-892022acb148/review 

Thank you!

Pravina

6 Replies
Jim Owen

Hi Pravina,

I looked through your course and provided a little feedback in Review360, but I think an overall response here will be more valuable.

The course has a nice clean look and the copy is crisp and to the point, which is all good.

However, I struggled with navigation. I would aim for some more consistency is availability of navigation buttons such as Back and Next and Home etc. Some pages have them and some don't, and on several occasions I found I had reached a dead end with no way to go back. Perhaps making a simple flow chart with pen and paper to ensure that navigation is clearer. Happy to help you with it if you would like.

Pravina Palanisamy

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for your feedback (here and on review360). Your comments are really helpful. I agree with you on the navigation, it is confusing! I attempted to make it flow but I see now that i'll have to reevaluate. I'll definitely use your advice re. flow chart method and creating a few graphics so that it is not so content heavy. Also really great idea to introduce learners to Fora! I'll take this all back for version 2 and i'll definitely do more thorough planning and content mapping.

Have a great evening and thank you!

Bianca Woods

Hi Pravina and thanks so much for letting us all take a peek at your portfolio project!

I've added some comments in Review 360 too. In general, though, I think you've got really useful advice on what people can do to include young women in decision-making. Making some adjustments to the layout and navigation as well as a few tweaks to the copy to encourage learners to take action themselves will likely help this land well with your audience.

Rise 0

An important topic for sure.
A few ideas, based on the content

Why not make the start ( numbers and stats stuff) story more of a user guessing/ reflecting and then "click to reveal"? Adds interactivity and keep user engaged.

Then clearly label the 1-5. recommendations with 1, 2 and 3 and so on...keep this naming through out the navigation buttons as well. Makes for easy to understand sequence to follow.

Also i read some of the comments on using graphics and doing some polish on the the layout in the text frame., I agree , that would enhance the course. Numbers and Pie chart for visual simplicity.

I also think that images of women... in various characters and nationalities could add to the content.

There is also room to present some of the information in questions. Ask question when presenting the data and simply make sure the feedback given on the answers to the question options is clear in what you want to say. Keeps user engaged.

After the 5 recommendations slides has been read and acknowledged, i would add a couple of key questions to finish the course. End with summary on positive note /call to action. Links to explore further etc..

Thanks for sharing this course and the topic. I didn't know much about this.

Daniel Canaveral

Hi Pravina. Here's the initial slides of a sample course that incorporates much of the suggestions already shared. The final slide with the 5 recommendations would trigger individual layers with the relevant content, of course :)

The graphics used can be found on freepik.com using the keywords "group strong women"

graphic