Time lag on revisit - buttons, triggars, variables salad.

Apr 21, 2023

Hi, This is all set bar one large niggle. Not sure what is off.
If anyone can give me some pointers I would really appreciate the help.

The buttons have a normal, selected (currently being viewed) and visited state. When all buttons have been viewed an arrow appears, which when clicked takes them back to the Menu page. 

And that is where  my problem begins. 

If the user clicks the button on the Menu to revisit the same section again it takes many seconds for the arrow to appear. And if the viewer clicks the Prev button to revisit just the last slide they saw it takes forever for the arrow to appear.  Would anyone know what needs to be done to make the arrow appear instantaneously (or as close to that as is possible) on revisit? 

Attached is the SL file
Thank you!

p.s. The user is free to choose the order in which they click the buttons.

3 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

I looked over your file and made some changes to the triggers. It should streamline your production.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c2bd8018-c1eb-4d8b-bf04-eca2fa4fd0ca/review

Essentially there's a conflict with revisiting and the triggers you have set evaluating states. I removed most of those and just used the variable and it works.

Hope that helps.

Ange CM

Hi Tom, Million thanks for explaining this so well. It certainly helped big time. I really appreciate you taking the time to make the video and walking me through it step by step. And the tip about when best to use variables and states here cleared up my confusion. If only I could mark your help 'helpful' a million times. Thank you!