Forum Discussion

NicoleStorm
Community Member
4 months ago

Accessible Course Examples

Hello Heroes! I'm currently updating my organization's e-learning courses to make them more accessible. I have a list of specific elements (closed captions, alt text, transcripts, etc.) that I plan to include, and I've found a ton of resources for the technical side and how to add them. But I'm a visual learner and would love to see some real life examples of accessible courses that you have created (preferably using Rise 360, but I'll take what I can get!) and the ways you have integrated things like video transcripts and other accessible elements. 

If anyone is willing to share a peek into their accessible courses I'd be forever grateful! 

Also- I've tried searching through the library of courses on here but couldn't find quite what I was looking for so if you know of an accessible course example on here and can point me the right direction, that would be much appreciated! 

AnnickSmeers
    Community Member

Hello, here's an example of a course modified to be e-accessible. It has been tested with NVDA :

Module_STIntegrite_FR_e-access POUR COM ARTICULATE | Review 360

The difficulty was to deactivate the course audios when using a screen reader (I created a specific variable). There are also a lot of layers and therefore a lot of focus order adaptations. The "Next" and "Previous" buttons are added in the slides and not in the player, to avoid having to go through all the buttons of the player to navigate through the course.