Forum Discussion

AnnaLovati
Community Member
10 months ago

Adding a timer into rise to ensure a minimum amount of time is spent on each lesson

Hi there! 

I'm currently faced with a bit of a challenge with Rise functionality. I am working on a module which requires a MINIMUM amount of time to be spent on each section by the learner, in order for them to pass the module completely. This was a specific request by my client.

An idea I had was to insert a timer storyline block into the beginning of each lesson which starts automatically, and then at the bottom of the lesson have a 'Continue' button which is locked until everything above it is interacted with (ie, when the timer ends).

The issue that I am facing is that when I scroll past the timer block, it auto pauses and will only continue counting down until I have the timer physically on my screen. Does anyone know a way where I can fix this issue and have the timer play even when it's been scrolled past? Cheers

LupeDeLeon
    Community Member

I also need this feature. We have 30-minute courses that are showing 5 hours of training because a learner left the course open. It would be very helpful to have a course them out due to inactivity or via time provided to complete the course.