Forum Discussion

JavierReyes-c33
Community Member
4 months ago

"Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" feature is not working.

Hello Team,

I recently created a review 360 link so that others can review the content and comment. I also selected in the "Share Settings" option for "Anyone with the link" to comment. I sent this link to someone who was not signed into their Articulate 360 account, and it did not allow them to comment until they signed into their account, which raised some red flags. We have clients that need to view the content and comment on it. Are we missing a step here? 

• Hi Javier!

For users who do not have an Articulate 360 account, they'll just be prompted to enter their email address to post comments so they can receive notifications for replies. But, if someone DOES have an Articulate account/if their email address is tied to an Articulate ID and if they aren't already signed in, they'll be prompted to enter their password. You shouldn't have any issue with your clients who have never used Articulate 360!

elizabeth
      Partner

There are a few reasons why someone might be being prompted to login, and all of it leads to them having an Articulate ID. Keep in mind that an Articulate ID does not necessarily mean they have a subscription to Articulate 360. It just means at some point, for some reason, they've been in the Articulate ecosystem. This could be because they were once a reviewer on a project that did NOT allow users w/o Articulate IDs to comment, and so they had to create an account, or it could be that they took a trial at some point or had a previous subscription. For those people who are being prompted to login, just have them go through the "forgot password" process on the login page, and they should be good to go.