Forum Discussion

GeorgeMoureau
Community Member
5 years ago

Alpha Channel tranparency for video clips

I keep revisiting this over the years, looks like 360 hasn't addressed it either. Well, at least my search of the forum turns up zero results. I'm using Finalcut Pro, exporting a short clip using the codec Apple ProRes 4444. This codec provides alpha channel encoding but I still get a black background when importing into Storyline 360 v3.35.21017.0.

I can work around this but I was sure hoping that Storyline would support alpha channels by now...

George

• As video director i use video all the time. SL is just a "headache maker" for who want to use alpha channel. I'm going to try your solution Vanessa , but it's "bricolage" not really pro.

GeorgeMoureau
    Community Member

I do everything in After Effects and simply import the result into SL. Agree with Tyrone that SL is the best tool for the job.

• I do everything in AE too, but i can't use alpha channel in my SL project. Have you any solution for me. I am full listening

GeorgeMoureau
    Community Member

Whatever I'm trying to reveal with an Alpha channel, I import it into AE as a lower layer. Generally it's just a  background image. Not sure what you're creating or what your need is. I use SL to line up bullet items with voice over and the publishing function to encapsulate my programs. I don't use it's other features, other than the intro and exit animations for text.