Forum Discussion

MarcusMiller
Community Member
7 years ago

Apply Feedback master to multiple slides at once

Hi everybody,

due to request from our client we have adapted text and style of the Feedback in 'Try-mode'-simulations and quizes.

I was looking for an efficient method to take over a new feedback master to all simulation and quiz-slides. 

The only approach I could identify is to manually change the assigned feedback master slide-by-slide and feedback layer-by-feedback layer, which is a big pain. Does anybody know of a way how to do that to multiple slides at once, as is possible with the normal slide master?

When I mark multiple slides to assign the feedback master to them, storyline always reverts back to the base layer - so I cannot assign the feedback master to the feeback layers of multiple slides at once.

I would highly appreciate, if anybody has found a nifty solution to this problem and could share it :-)!

Kind regards,
Marcus

• Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the enhanced features we've included is: 

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

• Since feedback is a layer in a quiz question slide, would I take quiz question slides, build in feedback layers in Feedback Master view, and then save those as templates? 

So what does Preserve do then?

• Hi Heather!

You would actually save the entire Storyline file as a template (not individual slides). Use the Save as type drop-down to choose Storyline Template (.storytemplate).

Then, when you're ready to use the template, double-click the .storytemplate file. It’ll automatically launch in Storyline.

• A huge issue is that the Modern Feedback-master isn't working properly. I've changed the feedback-master to reflect how I want it to look, but back at the slide-layers it's broken. Bugs I've encountered is text misalignment and button-changes. I have to manually fix this in the slide-layers, which mean I have to change this on every....single....slide since copy-pasting feedback-layers to other quiz-slides breaks the functionality.

Tested in two different story-files, same kind of issues.

• Having similar problems with Feedback master. I have a large number of quizzes and I'm coming to the end where I need to make the feedback box bigger because it's very small and doesn't allow for much feedback without making the text bigger.

So I made a new feedback master and made it look the way I wanted it. Then found out I can't magically apply it to all the feedback slides in one click... Not efficient at all.

So then I decided to edit the original "Modern" feedback master. But it doesn't automatically apply to all the feedback slides. Not efficient at all. Coming across lots of bugs and frustrations with Storyline... Not happy at all.

• Yes this is an issue for me as well. You can easily change several question's master slide by Shift-selecting the slides, then right clicking, and then Apply Layout. However, it doesn't work when you try to do that for the feedback layers. I am manually applying it slide by slide :( 

• Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the enhanced features we've included is: 

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

DorisChwist-87f
      Community Member

Hello,

I am looking to use this feature in the simulation sets.  I can't access Question - Design on any of the try mode slides.  Can you help me out? 

RhondaRolf-1090
      Community Member

I also want to do this on recorded simulations in the TRY MODE.  Not finding the option to apply to multiple slides on these slides because they are not question slides. Yet they still use feedback to indicate if the user selected the correct next step or not.  Is there a way to apply new feedback master to multiple slides here?

KristinaRodden
      Community Member

What about if I'm using Storyline 3, not 360? I updated the Feedback Masters (Correct and Incorrect for text box and button colors) and when I hover over them they say used by 137 slides, but the changes I made do not apply to all slides in the lesson when I click "Close Master View". The change only applies to 1 slide, not all of them. 

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hello Kristina, 

Happy to chime in here. Unfortunately, the feature that Kelly shared isn't available for Storyline 3. You'll need access to Storyline 360 to access the feature that quickly applies a feedback master to multiple question slides simultaneously.