Forum Discussion

ByronTik-08b13a
Community Member
8 years ago

Articulate 360, installing apps on other drive than C?

Articulate 360, is there a possibility to install apps on other drive than C? My C drive on my MSI laptop is a small and fast ssd, not really meant to hold the bulk of my apps. 

JeHo
    Community Member

Yep, forced C drives is a no-no. Pity, would have been nice to trial.

Edit: bigger no-no. Software that fails to uninstall. FFS wasting my time.

• I am having the same issue as well.  My c:/ is full, and there is no option to select another drive (d:/)

AshleyT-Pollard
      Staff

Hi Nathalie,

If you'd like to connect with our Support team, they can walk you through those steps I mentioned for an Enterprise install. That will help you change the file location for the install. 

• Hi Patrick,

Are you unable to install to your C drive as well? Although this discussion is a tad older, we have yet to change the default location for installing Articulate software. We do have steps for enterprise/silent installation that would allow you to change the location, and if you'd like to work with our Support team then can provide you directions on that. 

ByronTik-08b13a
      Community Member

Cool thanks, it's not uncommon for people with gaming laptops used also for
      3d and video apps to have a small ssd C: drive and a larger D drive on for
      example MSI or ALien ware laptops, thanks, I will make a request.
      Byron

• Hi Byron,

Articulate applications need to be installed locally with administrator privileges and then run as the end user profile on that computer, you'll find all the directions for installing Articulate 360 here.  We also don't support installing it within a server environment. 

I did pass this along to our team as something to consider for a feature request in the future. 

ByronTik-08b13a
      Community Member

yes but D is still local, you are currently forcing C drive, which is
      limiting