Forum Discussion

JoyceNoval-0698
Community Member
2 months ago

Articulate Rise gallery block issue - zoom cursor even when "Enable zoom on click" is off

We've been using gallery block before and yesterday we come up with this issue of zoom cursor appearing even when we turned off the "Enable zoom on click" option. The image is not zooming in, but the cursor is just weird and indicates that it's clickable when it's not. Has anybody experience the same issue? Thanks.

• Hi Joyce,

Thanks for reaching out!

I tested this behavior in a new Rise 360 course using a gallery block with the zoom feature turned off and I couldn't replicate the behavior you described. 

Here's a link to my Rise 360 test course. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience:

• Can you replicate the behavior in a new Rise 360 course?
    • Is this happening to all gallery blocks in your Rise 360 course?
    • Have you tried doing a hard refresh of your browser to clear the cache? Here's how: Hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys and click on your browser's reload button.

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can investigate what's happening.

JoyceNoval-0698
      Community Member

Hi Jose, thanks for the response. I should have been clear that the issue is only with 2, 3, and 4 column grid gallery blocks. The carousel is not affected though.

I've tried replicating the behavior on a new Rise 360 course here.

KellyAuner
        Staff

Hi Joyce,

I'm happy to jump in!

Thanks for sharing that additional information with us. We currently have a software bug logged for when the zoom cursor appears on 2, 3, and 4-column image blocks. Other image blocks like Carousel, work correctly. We work hard to prevent software bugs from happening, but sometimes they sneak up on us. Here's how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur. 

I've added this post to the report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. If you have any questions, please let us know here or privately in a support case!

• Just adding my voice to this if you don't mind! If it's part of a bug, and the opportunity is taken to revisit this feature, could it be considered that the default setting is the zoom functionality is turned off, and if you want to set it to zoom in, then you turn it on?

I don't know what most other authors feel, but I spend more time turning it off, as most images are decorative and don't necessarily all need to be zoomed in on. Just a thought, but I appreciate I'm just one person who might think that!

• Sorry, I'm also having this issue appear on on the tabs block...

When zoom functionality is turned on, the magnifier appears on one of the tabs, but doesn't appear on the other, and the same applies when the zoom functionality is turned off. So it's doing a bit of everything in this instance!

Screen recording attached which hopefully makes it clearer what I'm saying.

EricSantos
      Staff

Thanks for sharing the screen recording, Neil! Unfortunately, this is the same thing reported in the bug linked to this thread. I've added your details to the bug report, so you'll be notified once this is fixed.

I've also informed our product team regarding your suggestion on the default setting for the zoom functionality. Here's how we manage feature requests.

Enjoy your weekend ahead!