Forum Discussion

JeroenVerhoeckx
Community Member
2 hours ago

Automatic rotate dial once

Hello Articulate developers,

I created the slide in the attachement and got the feedback that it isn't clear that you can rotate the dials. To solve this, I was thinking about an animation that rotates the dials once, when the slide starts. Does somebody know if this is possible (and how)?

Thanks (again) in advance!

• Jeroen,

There are many ways to accomplish this as Judy noted. Here's what's happening in the attached example:

1. When the dials have zoomed onto the screen (at 1 second) a layer is called where the auto-spin occurs.
    2. A counter variable (I called it "Spin") is initially set to zero when the layer's timeline starts.
    3. A dummy shape (intentionally placed off the slide) is assigned a motion path with a 0.1 second duration.
    4. When the motion path completes, the animation starts again and Spin is incremented by 1 as long as Spin hasn't reached 10 yet.
    5. Each of your four dial variables is incremented to match the value of Spin when the dummy shape's motion completes.
    6. Once the full spin of each dial has occurred (i.e., Spin=10), the dial variables are reset to zero and the layer is hidden.

Because of the limitation of 0.1 for the minimum duration of a motion path, we can't use this same technique to spin the dials faster. However, there are other ways to accomplish the full spin much more quickly if need be.