Forum Discussion

SteveHeinen1
Community Member
8 years ago

Can Peek record system audio?

I cannot see an option where Peek can record system audio.  Is there a workaround to record system audio versus using a mic for quality. I am using Camtashia for this now but would love to use Peek

• Hi Michelle,

Thanks for checking in on this! There currently hasn't been any movement on this as we prioritize other feature requests. I'm going to include your voice in the request. We’ll update this discussion when there is any news to share about this.

• Hey Articulate - Any news on this feature? What would it take to get it escalated? 

• How has such basic functionality been requested for 6 years and it's still not been addressed? Come on, Articulate!

• Adding to the chorus of people requesting this feature. There are a few discussions about recording system audio with Peek, but I'll just post on this thread, which is the oldest.

• Hi

I'm joining this conversation today as I tried to use Peek to record a Storyline Project with sound but it didn't work.  This was to be my workaround to publish Storyline to a video as the 'publish to video' is stopping during the encode video element (I already have a ticket raised for this).  If Peek had had the capability to record my Storyline screen with audio that would have been a temporary fix until the publish to video is resolved.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how I could record my Storyline Project with audio to an mp4 format?

Thanks.

Dorothy

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Dorothy!

Sorry for the trouble! Which microphone did you select when recording a Peek? I would make sure you're recording without headphones too. If you can share a screenshot of the microphone you selected, that would be great!

• Hi Lauren, it was my plantronics headset so will try again with my standalone microphone.

Thanks.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Dorothy!

Thanks for providing the update!

If you run into any setbacks after switching microphones, please let us know and we'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!