Forum Discussion

RaymondYucis
Community Member
5 years ago

Changing Numbers in Numbered Lists in text boxes in RISE

Hi ... I know it is possible to change the numbers in a numbered list block.  However, is there a way to do that when you are inserting a numbered list in a text block?  (For instance, when adding a numbered list into an accordion interaction.)  

I have a lot of numbered steps in the courses I write.  But I use a lot of screenshots as well.  I'd like to start a numbered list, add a screenshot image, and then continue the numbering...not going back to number one.

Again ... I know this is possible with numbered list blocks...but how about numbered lists in text blocks?

Thanks...as always!

• Agree, this flexibility would be great! We are creating courses for our company with images that accompany the steps, but have to create a manual list since we still need the steps to remain in numerical order. Thanks!

MarieSeitz
    Community Member

Chiming in to say this would be awesome as well. Just tried to make a 2 column numbered list and looks like this can't work if they both have to start at 1 vs carrying over.

WillGuy
      Community Member

Adding to Marie's answer, it'd be great to have text flow from one column to another. Not just to allow lists to continue across two sides, but also to support typing text into one column rather than having to type it and copy half to the other side. 

• Hi Raymond!

The numbered list inside a text block will always begin with #1. Thanks for letting us know you need more flexibility in the numbering!

RaymondYucis
      Community Member

Thank you for your quick response. Please add this feature to the RISE "wish list." Thanks again.