Forum Discussion

KristynaBhattac
Community Member
6 years ago

Changing the background color in Rise

Hello, our customer would like us to change the color of the background from white to a different color. How can we do that in Rise? Thank you.

• Good news, everyone! You can now customize your blocks with distinctive color and image backgrounds using enhanced block settings! Check out the new feature, and let us know what you think! 

• I am spending my morning changing all the blocks to be a friendlier colour for colleagues with dyslexia. In an age of making things accessible, is there not one button I can click to add a default background colour that is not white?

• Come on, Articulate. This is such a simple feature. 

I use Rise a ton for my work, and it's really frustrating that whenever I try to look up a common, low tech feature like this, I invariably find threads like this where people have been asking for that same feature for YEARS and it's still not a thing. Please speed up your product updates. It's painful. 

RobDix
    Community Member

I would also love for this to be a global option, also is there a way to apply this to the headings and the frontpage, for consistancy

• If Articulate just would change the CSS for the background of blocks to a CSSvar then that variable could be easily changed globally. Either in settings or just locally in the CSS after publishing.

PS: It apparently is already a CSSvar: --color-background: #e1adad;
    Figuring out where that variable is set and if it is global.

• We have been waiting for this for a long time.

Please provide a global option to change the white background to a custom background color for lessons etc.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Rob!

Thanks for the feedback!

I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share. If you'd like to stay up to date, please bookmark our Feature Roadmap.

PietervanGroene
        Community Member

Thanks for listening Steven.

Let's hope this will be implemented anytime soon.

PietervanGroene
        Community Member

Thanks Phil, I'll have a look at the Theme to see if there's something that I can use to change the background of our courses.