Forum Discussion

KyleMillar
Community Member
5 years ago

Clicking on Embedded Video is Advancing Slide

Hello all. I've been using embedded videos for years. But I'm having an issue with one that I've never encountered. I've built a slide with a button that when clicked, exposes a layer with an embedded video that plays automatically in the slide. I've removed the 'Next' button from the base layer and I have a trigger on the layer containing the video that advances the slide only when the media competes. However, for some reason the user is able to click on the video itself and when they do, the slide advances. I've deleted the layer with the video and rebuilt it and I'm still having the same issue. Can anyone suggest a way that I can prevent this from happening?  

• text box, shape, they are all the same. You said you already inserted a rectangular shape in front of the video, just give it a fill color, then right click and format then under fill turn the fill to fully transparent. 

• Yep, easy solution, just place a transparent box over the full video, that way the user cannot interact with it but they can see it. I do that for most videos I embed so that the timeline is the only thing that can adjust it.

KyleMillar
      Community Member

I inserted a transparent rectangle over the video, but it still allows the user to click on the video and skip to the next slide. I made sure that the rectangle was in front of the video. Any other suggestions?

• Hi Kyle!

Without seeing the file, it sounds like a trigger fix. Would you mind sharing your file with us? You can do so by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. Or you can share the file privately with our Support Engineers by using this link.

• What did you use to make the box transparent? I tested the very same thing and it worked fine. 

KyleMillar
      Community Member

I inserted a rectangular shape in front of the video, then chose "no fill" and "no outline". 

• That's the problem, that is an empty box not a transparent one. To create a transparent box, give it a fill color, then open the format properties box and under fill color make the box fully transparent. That will solve it. 

KyleMillar
      Community Member

How do I insert a "box"? Do you mean a text box? 

KelleyRibaudo
    Community Member

I was just about to post a discussion asking for help with this exact thing after searching all day yesterday for an answer. This post was VERY helpful!