Forum Discussion

SarahThiffault
Community Member
3 months ago

Code Snippet not generating visual

I've inserted an iframe code in the code snippet, but nothing is rendering. It simply shows the code in the preview instead of actually loading the iframe. Any ideas why? 

Here is the code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>title</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">
<script src="script.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<iframe title="BioScript Solutions Employee Handbook" src= "URL" (not showing for privacy reasons) width="640px" height="480px" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"> </iframe>
</body>
</html>

I tested the iframe code and it works fine on other websites.

Thanks

EricSantos
      Staff

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community, Sarah! We’re glad you’re here. I appreciate the screenshot you shared.

I agree with Karl. A multimedia embed block is perfect for your use case. I just want to add that some sites don’t allow their content to be embedded in iframes. You might only see part of the content you’re trying to embed, or you might not see any content at all.

Your embed code seems valid based on these criteria. If you encounter issues using an embed block, you may contact the site manager to check whether their site allows iframe embedding. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have additional questions.