Forum Discussion

JaclynJGish
Community Member
23 hours ago

Delay visited state after layer activity

Hi all,

I know I've done this before but need your help remembering how. I want to change the state of my tabs to visited (with green check mark) only after the user has completed an activity (e.g., slider) on the layer that the tab is associated with and then moves on to the next tab. In other words, I don't want to indicate to the learner that they have completed a layer until after they do the slider activity. I assume it has something to do with triggers, but I can't figure it out. Please help! 

• Visited is a built-in state, which means it comes with built-in functionality. Any object with a Visited state will automatically change to Visited when it is clicked. 

To delay showing the checkmark, put it in a custom state instead. Then use a trigger to change the tab to the custom state when the user "completes" a layer (however you want to define that). 

• Visited is a built-in state, which means it comes with built-in functionality. Any object with a Visited state will automatically change to Visited when it is clicked. 

To delay showing the checkmark, put it in a custom state instead. Then use a trigger to change the tab to the custom state when the user "completes" a layer (however you want to define that). 

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

By the way, there's no need to use both a shape and a text box for the tabs. You could just enter the text directly in the shape instead. 

I also suggest that you give meaningful names to everything. Or, at least, to everything that's part of an interaction. That would make troubleshooting easier. 

JaclynJGish
        Community Member

Thanks, Judy. These are both very helpful tips. I'm super rusty!