Forum Discussion

KevanNorr
Community Member
2 days ago

Does the timeline order of objects matter for asset loading once on an LMS?

Does the order of the timelines matter at all for the loading of assets. For instance, does it matter if the audio timeline is at the top of the list or the bottom of the list? The client suggested making sure that the audio file is the top most layer. I don't believe that has anything to do with it because for the past 8 years I always have the audio timeline at the bottom of the stack. I just need some kind of verification I can point to, if possible.

One of the QA people of our client, but not all them, is reporting audio clipping on some slides where the first word seems to be clipped when uploaded to their LMS. All of the audio files have around .5s of silence at the start. No one on our side can reproduce this issue. The preview / review360 / local copy / SCORM upload of the course does not have this issue from anyone on our side. 

I am unable to share the file so this is more just trying to understand how asset loading works when a course is published.

Thank you kindly.

• Doesnt matter at all. Only time I think it ever does is if you want a data entry to take focus.

Typical reason for clipping is if they are using bluetooth headsets and I always add a bit of breathing space at the beginning and end for this reason.

• Doesnt matter at all. Only time I think it ever does is if you want a data entry to take focus.

Typical reason for clipping is if they are using bluetooth headsets and I always add a bit of breathing space at the beginning and end for this reason.

KevanNorr
    Community Member

That was exactly what I asked, if the QA person was using a bluetooth headset. I figured the .5-.7s before audio starts is enough. Thank you for this response.