Forum Discussion

JohnRobinson-5a
Community Member
5 years ago

Duplicate Rise course not loading

Hi, I duplicated a rise course for the purposes of applying updates to the lesson content.  I used the duplicate copy to make the changes and uploaded the duplicate file to our Moodle based LMS.  When a user tries to launch the updated course the screen indicates the "course is loading" but the screen is blank when the application is launched.  I am wondering is this something to do with the identifier within the duplicate courses manifest not being the same as the original course.  Should I have used the original lesson to apply the changes to maintain the same course identifier?  When I force a new attempt the course loads perfectly.

• Hi John!

I took a look into your case, and it sounds like you need a feature that will allow you to manually input an identifier when publishing a course. We'll let our team know you need this option! 

• Hi Alyssa.  I am at the stage that I need to publish another update to a course created in Rise.  I am again faced with the same situation in that RISE has generated a new identifier on export.  I have 12K users and it's very frustrating for them to find a white screen when they try to return to a course.

Can you advise if a solution has been investigated to allow a manual input of an identifier, or simply stop RISE creating a new identifier when exporting.

Regards

• Hi there, John. While I don't have an update to share right now, I'm going to bring this issue up with my team again to see how we can help. I'll keep you posted on any updates I receive!

• Hi again, John! I wanted to share a recent change we made in Rise 360.

Some learners would see a blank page upon resuming a course you've updated in your LMS. You can now choose to reset learner progress when they launch a course. Click here for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!