Forum Discussion

ChristineSer589
Community Member
4 months ago

Exporting Rise branching scenarios to PDF

I would like to publish a PDF that will demonstrate the workings of a scenario block in Rise.

This is because at a certain stage in projects, I won't share Rise Preview yet. I convert the PDF to Word and share with SMEs to make comments and edits to the text.

The PDF published from Rise doesn't show the branching in a way that a reviewer could understand. My current approach is to write out the scenarios and how they branch which is quite time-consuming.

Has anyone found another way to do this well, perhaps by leveraging AI in some way? I believe this just might be a necessary limitation of scenario blocks given how complex they can be. However, I can envision how it would be wonderful to have a way for SMEs to either visually see a representation of the branching in the PDF or even as a Preview where they can more clearly see what's happening and make comments about particular portions.

Assume that I've already considered the following potential options to improve this situation:

1. Storyboarding in Word first, then building in Rise so I have a version of the scenarios that are in text format. This would work but I just prefer to build scenarios directly in Rise to experience what the learner will as I build it.

2. Providing SMEs with a link to just portion of the Rise course (such as by copying my course and removing all other lessons/content). The challenge with this is that it's still difficult for the SME to realize how the branching works without trying the experience over and over. It also may be hard for them to tag feedback to particular language text within the scenario without spending excessive time navigating the scenario.

Thank you for any ideas or anything you've tried, even if it didn't work fluidly.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi,

I would highly recommend option 1.

We never start building anything in Rise, until the Word Storyboard is signed off.

In our experience it also greatly reduces the time we spend building Rise courses, as you are only building, and not designing on-the-fly.