Forum Discussion

AmberPorter
Community Member
2 years ago

Exporting short-answer question responses

I use Storyline in conjunction with our university's LSM, D2L Brightspace. I know how to set it up so that multiple-choice quizzes completed inside Storyline sync to the Brighspace grade book, but I'm wondering about open-ended type questions, like short answer. If a student answers a short-answer question in Storyline, does it get recorded somewhere? If so, where? And can I export it somehow for grading? Thanks!

• Hello Amber, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Short answer question slides work similarly as graded question slides. Once you've finished adding your survey question slides to your Storyline 360 course, you can use a Survey Results Slide to send the responses to an LMS.

Hope this helps!

AmberPorter
    Community Member

Thanks, Joe! My question now is where does it send the responses? Do I need to specify where it goes somehow when I upload it to the LMS?

I tried it out with just one essay question and nothing seemed to happen. Are there any detailed instructions available on how to do this on the Articulate help pages? I can't seem to find any.

RebeccaHarringt
      Community Member

Amber,

If you are still out there any chance you could tell me how you are setting up the publishing? I've tried a bazillion combinations and cannot get a signal back to Brightspace after the scorm completes (i've tried grades, slides viewed and course completion trigger). 

AmberPorter
        Community Member

Hi Rebecca! I ended up scraping this because the functionality really didn't work for me. I eventually found the responses but they were hidden so far deep in Brightspace and weren't very useful for grading purposes. Hopefully Eric (below) can help you out.

• Hi Rebecca,

Happy to chime in! I'm not sure if Amber is still subscribed to this discussion, but you're welcome to contact them directly through their profile by clicking on their name and selecting Contact Me.

Thanks for your patience!