Forum Discussion

JenniferMier
Community Member
2 years ago

File missing

Hi,

I have been working a number of files, all that get the saved the same way. But ONE particular file I've had to recreate multiple times because it is disappearing out of Storyline and my computer. This doesn't happen with any other file. Is there way to find it? I've searched my computer and cannot find it. To repeat, this is the third time I've recreated a 30 slide deck and it's disappeared. Not doing anything different!

• I have had this happen to me a couple times. If you go to your C Drive and enter ".story" in the search bar. It should find every file with story in the title and every storyline file. From what I'm told from our IT department, if that doesn't find it, it's not on your computer.

Good luck.

JenniferMier
      Community Member

Thank you! This was helpful. I had searched for it in both C drive and Recycle Bin with the title name but not .story and I found it in my recycle bin. (Insert face palm emoji) Thanks for the advice! Happy 4th!

• Hi, Jennifer!

I'm so glad to see Eric was able to help you out with this and that you located your file! Just a quick note that replying via email includes your signature here so you are welcome to edit the post and remove that information if you wish