Forum Discussion

JoannaSlaski
Community Member
10 months ago

Flip cards

Hi!

Does anyone know how I can toggle between the term and the definition on these flip cards? Not sure how I need to set the triggers or if this is even possible with articulate?

• So the Flip Card design should work with just the selected states.  You will need to remove the visited states and delete all of the triggers.  This will let the select state perform its built-in function of changing to selected when you select it and then back to normal when selected a second time.

• It looks like Ron answered while I was editing your file. As he indicated, when an object has just  Normal and Selected states, it will toggle between those two when clicked. 

I'm guessing you wanted the Visited states so you could track those to control the Next button. Instead, use T/F variables, as demonstrated in the attached file.

• The Visited_[#] variables track which terms have been viewed. When the user clicks a term, the corresponding variable changes to True.
    • The VisitedChanges variable simple toggles between True and False every time a user clicks on a term. The value of the variable doesn't matter. It's only used to indicate that a term was clicked. This is the "when" in other triggers. 
    • The Visited_all variable tracks whether all of the terms have been clicked. It runs whenever the VisitedChanges variable toggles, with conditions that check whether the Visited_[#] variables are all True.
    • The Next button is disabled or enabled based on the variables.