Forum Discussion

LauraSemethy-d7
Community Member
2 months ago

For Custom SUBMIT button, Missing Answers box

I am using a custom SUBMIT button in my Storyline file. Everything is working fine except that instead of showing my NO ANSWER layer (when the user clicked SUBMIT without first selecting an answer), the default MISSING ANSWER box appears (as well as my layer). A Sample is attached. I want to STOP the MISSING ANSWER box from appearing and just use my layer.

• Checking that the question has been answered is part of the built-in functionality of the Submit trigger. I don't know of any way to turn that off (except, perhaps, with JavaScript).

If you use a Freeform graded question, you could add a bogus off-slide object to the button-set of answers. Give it an Initial State of Selected. The user won't ever see that button. But the Submit trigger will see it as the Selected answer, so it won't show the default "Invalid Answer" message.

If you use a standard graded question, you could do basically the same thing by adding an extra option to the set. You can't move one of those responses off the slide. But, if the design allows, you could cover it with a shape that matches the background. That would prevent the cursor from changing and the Hover state from showing if the user mouses over it.