Forum Discussion

JohnSmith-fe55c
Community Member
2 years ago

Free Viewer or Player application?

I am searching now but wanted to ask if Articulate has a way to allow reviewers to view the pre-published content without the need for a fully licensed product? 

Thanks!

John

• Hi John,

To view the content in a pre-published .story file you would need to have access to Storyline 360 or Storyline 3 which you would have to purchase a license to get. There are ways, like using Review 360, to view published courses for free. All the course creator has to do is send you a link!

Thanks for reaching out!

• You can only open a .story file if you have an active Articulate license. 

Here are some options if you want someone to review content before final publishing:

• Publish to Review 360, and give people the link. This is a great way to let folks review content and get a feel for how the course works. 
    • Publish to Word, and share the Word document. This allows people to see what's in the course. However, the resulting Word file isn't set up for basic reviewing. It'd probably be confusing to anyone who's not familiar with Storyline. 
    • Create a document that provides screenshots of every slide, with multiple screenshots for slides with interactions. 
      • You can start by publishing the course to Word, and then copying and pasting those screenshots into a new document. But, for interactions, it's usually best to capture screenshots while previewing the interaction.
      • I used to do this before Review 360 was available. And I still do it for some clients. I set up a 2-column table in Word. I put screenshots in the left column, along with any programming notes about interactions. The right column is for review comments. So it might look something like this: