Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Help us improve Storyline 360 & Accessibility

Hi, E-Learning Heroes community members!

I'm Ronnie Pilman, Senior QA Engineer and Accessibility Lead for Storyline 360 at Articulate, here to give you an update on accessibility—and ask you for a favor.

Let’s start with the update and a refresher on our goals. Our mission is to move accessibility in Storyline 360 beyond Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards. We want all learners—regardless of ability—to be able to navigate Storyline 360 content effectively with any web browser, device, or assistive technology. And we want to make creating accessible courses easier for authors.

To do that, we are continually improving our products to address accessibility issues and make enhancements. Most recently, we added customization options for closed captions to ensure they’re easy to see and don’t obstruct critical content. We also made all the modern player controls compliant with the latest WCAG 2.2 guidance and fixed a bug that was preventing learners from using the ESC key to close player tabs and the accessibility settings menu. (Dive into the complete list of enhancements and fixes for all the details.)

That leads us to the ask. As we plan for future Storyline 360 improvements, we need your feedback to help guide our next steps. What areas of accessibility do you think require the most attention? How can we serve you and your learners better? To let us know, please complete this short survey: https://research.articulate.com/storylinea11y.

The survey will be open until May 7, 2024. We’d love to hear from you before then.

Thanks,
Ronnie Pilman (He/Him/His)
Senior QA Engineer II

• Hey, everyone! I'd like to thank all of you who participated in the survey. We collected responses from more than 100 people, which is amazing! The survey closed on May 7th, so I've begun reviewing the survey results and feedback. When I'm done, I'll share a summary in a separate article. I appreciate your patience while I work on this. Thanks again!

RajivKairon
    Community Member

Looks like, no one cared to look at the image I attached to my post. Please view the image I attached to my post. Essentially, have light gray lettering on white background is difficult to view. We are not trying to camouflage text or intentionally making it harder. 

• Hello,

I have tried a lot to find someone or webpages to help me with this.
    I need to make the words (texts) in the SCORM selectable and/or searchable. Please help me as you can and if there is an example of that.
    Thanks a lot

Ismail

CaryGlenn1
      Super Hero

Hi Ismail,

You might want to make post your question to the discussion board rather than it buried here. It also helps if you explain your end goal or the desired behaviour to make it easier to help you.