Forum Discussion

ZielLeadership
Community Member
3 months ago

HELP: Using a Storyline Block to Fetch Data from URL

I am working with a client who handles government sensitive information. During the course, we need to display dynamic data - the learner's primary and secondary site security coordinators. They cannot use an API. They pass the data we need to present in the course on the URL so we don’t need to reach into their database. Also, the client prefers Rise because it is mobile friendly and that is important to them. 

Here is the test URL - https://tempdemo.online/natacs/riselms/scormcontent/index.html?PMN=John%20Doe&PME=doe%40yahoo.com&PMP=555-555-5555&SCN=Jane%20Second&SCE=jane%40gmail.com&SCP=444-555-555

We display:

Primary Contact: John Doe

Phone#: 

Email: 

Secondary...

When we tested the script in storyline it worked like a champ. When we added the storyline block to a rise course and tested, it failed.

I attached the documentation. 

I checked with articulate support. They said:

The test from the Storyline course works because Storyline's JavaScript code is directly fetching the URL. When you publish the Storyline course to Review 360, I believe Storyline will be fetching the Review 360 URL, which does not contain the additional details in the URL.

I asked for more information and they referred me here.

Any insights or suggestions would be great!

• Hi Ziel,

I'm glad my teammate, Dexter, was able to provide some insight for you in your case. Hopefully, others in the community can help out with additional JavaScript questions!