Forum Discussion

ShelbyMansker
Community Member
13 years ago

Hyperlinks in animated text don't work

I'm submitting this issue here on the forums because I haven't found another place to submit tickets/issues. If there's a better place, please let me know.

If you have a hyperlink contained in a text block that has it's animation set to "By First Level Paragraph", the hyperlink is not clickable. Hyperlinks work just fine if you animate the text all at once or don't animate it at all.

I've attached an example project demonstrating this.

• Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 76 (Build 3.76.30446.0)!

Included in this release is the fix for the bug where Hyperlinks in a text box are not active until the animation with effect option "By Paragraph" is complete.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

DaynWilkins
    Community Member

Was this bug ever fixed? I have just noticed that a hyperlink in a text block animated by paragraph doesn't become active until all the text has finished animating in.

• Hi Dayn, 

It sounds like your issue may be a bit different from the one originally stated here. Can you tell me a little bit more about what you're experiencing?

Does the hyperlink work and is highlighting correctly with no irregular backgrounds once the animation is complete? 

• Hi Dayn,

Thanks for sharing that quick video. I was able to replicate it on my end, so I'll reach out to my team to find out more about this behavior. You're in the right place to stay up to date on any new information!

• Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 76 (Build 3.76.30446.0)!

Included in this release is the fix for the bug where Hyperlinks in a text box are not active until the animation with effect option "By Paragraph" is complete.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!