Forum Discussion

LizTyler-99fc0a
Community Member
2 months ago

Image Usage

Hi,

I'm unsure if it's ok to manipulate Rise content images for another purpose. For eaxample, I would like to create a few animations using the images of people from the interactive scenario option. I would be creating them in another programme but only ever be using them in a Rise course. I've attached a short example of how I would like to use the images. (This is not being used anywhere and is just created to illustrate the manipulation of the images).

I'm hoping someone will know the answer.

Liz

• Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please? It would be great if I could iuse the images in this way on a course I'm working on at the moment.

Thankyou

Liz

• Here's what the Terms of Service says:

As I understand it, as long as you're using the Articulate Content within a project published using Articulate 360, you can edit the content as needed. Obvious examples would be to crop images and adjust brightness/contrast. But if the only way to get the character animation you want is to use another program to do that, I think that's okay. Again: as long as the final animation is published from an Articulate 360 product. 

Caveat: I'm not an Articulate employee nor a lawyer. Perhaps someone on the staff will see this and chime in. Otherwise, I suggest you contact the sales or support folks directly. 

LizTyler-99fc0a
      Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for that Judy. I've just seem an older post where a staff member was giving tips on using Storyline charactes in Rise. This included using another programme to convert them, so I'm thinking it's ok - as long as they're only used and published within Articulate somewhere, as you said. 

Thanks again for your response.