Forum Discussion

IzaakPulham
Community Member
2 years ago

Microlearning - Changing the way to start the course

Hi

I have just started using the Microlearning course type and think it's great.

However there is one thing which the users are struggling with, the arrow you click to start the course. The arrow is no obvious as the way to start the course, scrolling does not work and I think it might be too subtle for all skill types of learner.

Is there any way of changing the Arrow on the Cover page to a start button or some more obvious way of starting the course?

Thanks

• I would also like to toss a vote into the hat for making the cover page navigation a bit more intuitive (in microlearning courses).

We just ran a pilot of our microlearning course and a top comment from users was how to start the course. They all figured it out after staring at the screen for a minute, but it did frustrate some users enough to let us know about it.

I thought I'd send along this user experience to consider for future updates. Thanks, Corri

• Another vote for changing arrow to start and/or the option to skip the cover page altogether for web exports, since this is the kind of export our org's platform requires. Thank you!

• Any update on this?

Why can't a user just start scrolling? Why the additional click?
    I'm assuming Articulate has UX designers on board - this is a really poor experience. 

• Hi Gren,

Please add another vote for an optional way (instruction button) to move past the cover page; my current client has lots of issues with learners not noticing the down arrow. It would also be great to have additional cover height options, such as with full eLearning cover pages.

Thanks for your consideration; I hope we have an update on this soon.

• Thanks Karl - we use Thinkific however, so exporting as HTML, not LMS. Alas not option for hiding the cover page that way.

• Yes please to changing the arrow - we're trying to use micro learning Rise files in Thinkific and the arrow is a barrier to us doing that effectively. We look forward to hearing more about the update!

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Katrine,

Turn off the cover page, then you don't have to bother with the arrow at all.

• Hi folks! Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Arrow on the Cover page of Microlearning content. Currently, there isn't a way to change this arrow, or to add text or a button on the cover page. We'll share this with the team and keep this thread posted for any updates that can help!

RRH
    Community Member

I agree with the suggestion to add a button instead of the arrow! The arrow isn't intuitive for many users.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi,

I agree the arrow needs to be changed to a button as our users are having the same problem.

If it was possible to put some instructional text on the start page, we could tell users what to do.