Forum Discussion

Alison-L
Community Member
3 years ago

Motion Paths & Intersects with(s)

What I'd like to do click the button (each time). Button moves under April 1997 on the line (and layer about what happened in 1997). Then, click the button, have it travel (on the line) to the top of "End of 1997" (and show layer2)...repeat for bottom of 1998, and top of End of 1999. 

Tried multiple motion paths. Trying one long motion path. Sneaked a line into the bottom part of the curved line. So "move grp-purple (oval) along the motion path. But I tried to "pause timeline on this slide when <the button> intersects with <an object hiding on the line". But this causes the timeline not start at all (blank white field). 

Can you not pause an animation when an object intersects something? Am betting the animated object's "timeline" is independent of THE timeline.

Is it a matter of trying to do 4 motion paths and a variable? to stop and start the animation? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Alison

• Is it a matter of trying to do 4 motion paths and a variable? to stop and start the animation?

Yes, it is, if they all have a relative starting point..

1. starting point to April 97

2. April 97 to End of 97

3. End 97 to 1998

4. 1998 to End of 1999 - Repeat #2.

5.End of 1999 to End point.

Alison-L
    Community Member

I still have nothing loading at the beginning, even though there are no pause timeline type triggers anymore! So it's just a blank screen.

Alison-L
    Community Member

Got it. 

Now. The arrow/circle is supposed to change (to the part of the line it is on) ...color..  via STATES when it intersects with the little line (that also increases the variable).

But, the object's triggers (change state of) cause the timeline not to start. What's up with that?

• Which slide is the problem? I don't see anything that looks like your first picture.

Alison-L
    Community Member

Sorry. But basically I found a better, or at least, cleaner way to do what i want to do. The motion path runs based on the button state, once the user clicks. ...

Please see attached