Forum Discussion

DougRoberts-6c3
Community Member
3 months ago

Changing state during motion path -- getting flickering between object on path and origin point

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a simple walking animation as a figure moves along a motion path, using a 'helper' object with a quick animation to change states of the figure as it moves. But for reasons I can't determine, each state change is accompanied by a flicker back to the origin point of the motion path -- see review link:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d36abd2e-b0d5-4649-abac-eb7f8451ceb5/review

I can't work out why this would be and can't solve it. Can anyone offer any insight? Story file attached.

• Hello Doug and Steve, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• An object with an entrance animation could flicker or disappear when slides were revisited

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• I just updated today, 3.89.32618.0, x64 version.

Will try a previous version.

Edit: I installed 3.87 and it works fine! Wonder what changed.

SteveGannon
      Community Member

I recommend submitting a case/bug report. Articulate Support will want to investigate this.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Doug!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Glad to see Steve has been helping you!

I noticed that you connected with my colleague Janina, through a support case. As Janina shared, we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest downgrading to a previous version of Storyline 360 where this bug cannot be observed.

Thank you for your patience! Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Hello Doug and Steve, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• An object with an entrance animation could flicker or disappear when slides were revisited

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• Hi Eric,

The new build does indeed appear to have fixed the issue I was experiencing. Thank you for responding.

EricSantos
      Staff

You're welcome, Doug! That's good to know. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.