Forum Discussion

SarahSexton
Community Member
3 months ago

My markers are not being read by the NVDA screen reader?????

Good afternoon.  I need so assistance.  On the attached slide, I have used 3 markers.  I have increase the pixel size to the recommended 44x44, changed the pop up text to 12 point font and placed alt text in the focus order and ensured that the marker is labeled the same way when you enter the alt text by right clicking the image.  When I test with my NVDA reader, the markers read...collapsible marker instead of "Henry's information"  "Henry's family information" and "Henry's environment"  What am I do wrong?  Please find a copy of the slide I am working on. 

• Hello Sarah,

Happy to help! What you experienced is strange, especially since you set the marker's alt-text, and NVDA is reading a different text. Are you testing with NVDA using a published output or directly within Storyline? What NVDA version do you have?

Thank you for sharing your Storyline project. I tested this on my end, and here's a short video showing my results. I enabled NVDA's speech viewer to highlight what the screen reader is announcing. My tests show that NVDA is reading the marker's alt-text as expected. I published your Storyline course to Review 360 and used NVDA version 2023.3.0.29780.

Does publishing to Review 360 and upgrading to the latest NVDA version yield a better result for you? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

SarahSexton
    Community Member

Yes, thank you.  I am getting ready to post another question on the Forum regarding how my NVDA reader is interacting with a video,  I would appreciate your input.