Forum Discussion

MicheleCote-27b
Community Member
3 months ago

Need Crossword help

Hi, I've created a crossword puzzle by using data entry fields and created correct, incorrect, and try again layers. However, I want to give the learner the opportunity to continue to try until all words are correct. What is the best way to accomplish this? I've added triggers to change the variables back to blank. I've tried some other things too with the timeline, but it still stops after a few tries. Is there a way I can loop a trigger to make it continue until all are correct? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Michele

• Hi Michele,

I don't know exactly how your interaction looks, but I created a simple example using data entry fields with customized "Correct," "Incorrect," and "Try Again" layers. The example is based on an "attempts" variable that you can set to any number. The value is decreased by 1 on the "Try Again" layer. After the last attempt, the "Incorrect" layer will be shown, indicating that no more attempts remain. The correct values are: articulate, storyline, rise, and reach.

MicheleCote-27b
      Community Member

Thanks, Nedim, I set up those layers as you mentioned. Even though I’ve triple checked that the text entry fields are = to the correct letters and all are listed correctly in the trigger, it still seems to have a glitch. I’m hoping to get it fixed quickly.

Michele

• Thank you Walt, I will definitely try eclipse out next time!! It’ sounds a lot faster!

Michele