Forum Discussion

MarvieYap-Mulde
Former Staff
2 years ago

New in Rise 360: Hide Cover Page

Have you ever wished you could hide the cover page of a Rise 360 course so learners could dive right into the content? Well, now when you publish for LMS you can! Simply toggle the option on before you export your course and you’re all set.

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can access this new feature immediately in the LMS settings of any Rise 360 course. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to try out this feature, you can start a free 30-day trial.

Once you’ve given it a try we’d love to hear what you think! Please share any feedback or suggestions in the comments below. We’ll be working on enhancements for this feature and want to know if there are areas for improvement or additional functionality that you’d like to see. We’re looking forward to your feedback!

The Rise 360 Team

• I have 'hide cover page' on and it still appears in my LMS Scorm 1.2 export - am I doing something wrong?

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi, Lindsey! Thanks for letting us know you're seeing this issue. We'd love to take a closer look at your course to see what's happening. Please a support case using this form, and we'll reach out to you directly to help troubleshoot the issue.

CaseyLim
    Community Member

About course covers, previously the "START COURSE" button had a neighbour called "Details ⌄" displayed right next to it, it had a downwards caret symbol to encourage people to read the description.

People in my organisation simply missed the course description that came with the course because that button was removed sometime in 2021-2022. They had said that the course cover pages were too large for their screens so they didn't scroll down, as visually the cover image and title took up over 80VH of their older screens (some are not even HD!).

Will that be coming back or should I simply move all the descriptive stuff into its own lesson? It just outlines the course and contains the copyright which is important to include, but not that important for a learner that it counts as a lesson.

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Casey! 

I don't think there are plans of adding back the caret with the details. Thanks for your interest in this. You don't need to add a new lesson for your course description. Here's a screenshot where you can find the field where you can add it:

Hope this helps you!

CaseyLim
        Community Member

Hi Hazel, yes I already place it there.

The problem is that people unfamiliar with how online courses work simply do not bother reading that information because it appears below the fold on their screens and are unaware that it exists.

My organisation makes training for non-computer savvy people, so they do not find the user experience easy at all.

• Hi Judy and Lacey!

Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions; we'll forward this to our team!

We’ve released this feature for LMS exports for now, but we’re considering adding it for web exports and publishing it to Review 360 as well.

We'll keep this thread posted on updates that can help!

KristenCooper-4
      Community Member

Gren, is there any updates on the hide cover page for web feature? This would be really valuable for me

AngeloCruz
        Staff

That does sound like a great feature, Georgi!

I'll add you to the feature request list so you will be notified if we receive any updates or make changes that will help.

Have a good one!

• I agree with Judy that this is a great feature but is not implemented very well as it seems it cannot be previewed either in Rise or in Review 360.

I tried toggling the setting on and publishing my course for LMS to essentially "save" the setting, then published the course to Review 360 and it still appears with the cover page showing. We need to be able to preview and present courses for review exactly how they'll appear once published to our LMS. 

• It's definitely great to be able to hide the cover page. However, I think it would be better to have the toggle button in the THEME >  Cover Page area. That would put the decision making in context. It'd also mean that the course would show up that way in PREVIEW and in all types of publishing.