Forum Discussion

KristofferDarj
Community Member
5 months ago

Icons cover headline

Hello.

When I'm editing a text block on my 15.4" Macbook the headline is covered by the editing icons. Couldn't the tooltip show up a little higher, like before? Or perhaps below the dropdown.

I have to click outside the current text block to be able to see the headline.

A little annoying when working on a laptop.

• Hi Kristoffer!

Happy to help with this!

Testing the behavior on my end with a 15.4-inch Macbook, I was unable to reproduce the same issue. The toolbar icons did not interfere with my heading text while formatting a Text Block.

To clarify, are you experiencing this issue across all supported browsers, or is it local to one? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Happens in both latest Chrome and Safari.

My old 2015 macbook runs at a 1440 x 900 native resolution. I guess it might just be too low res these days then.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Kristoffer!

Thanks for following up!

The Macbook I used for testing is from 2021, with 1920x1080 being the lowest resolution available. Are you comfortable sharing a screen recording of the behavior as you are experiencing it on your end?

Feel free to upload it here in the discussion or privately through a support case. We'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Hi Kristoffer I started using a userstyle to adjust my admin, its the same browser addon tool I use to design themes on Rise. A few of the improvements so far:

1. Change content edit icon to say 'Content' as I was constantly clicking it to adjust colors.
      2. Fixed positioning so it never overlaps text
      3. Moved trashcan/delete away from other buttons and made it red, I've accidentally deleted blocks because of this
      4. Dark mode- to make admin functions more obvious and separate from content

KristofferDarj
        Community Member

Looks nice. Is it public? Can't find it on userstyles.org

I'd like to give it a try if it's alright. Might even come up with a suggestion or two.