Forum Discussion

DoinaGumeniuc
Community Member
2 months ago

Create the option to click and zoom-in on image

Hello everyone!

I really need the user to be able to click on an image and see it in bigger format. I couldn't find any in-built option (strange?) so I found another post mentioning to use the selected state. I did that but when the user clicks on the picture to zoom in, the picture gets lost into background elements (see slide 1.1). So in slide 1.2 I created a rectangle to hide the background objects but it's still not working! How comes we aren't able to easily have such an option for clicking and zooming in on a picture? And how can I get that effect? Thank you!

I am attaching an example.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Doina!

It sounds like the ZOOM REGION feature might be perfect for you.

Go to INSERT > Zoom Region and then you will be prompted to highlight the area you want to zoom in on.

Next you'll need to adjust the zoom region animation by moving it so it doesn't start at 0:00 in your timeline.

Finally, trigger the zoom to start and stop by pausing and resuming your timeline (I use cue points for this to keep it simple and easy to adjust)

Give it a try, I think it will do exactly what you need.

If you need more help, just ask :)

DoinaGumeniuc
      Community Member

Hi Andrew! Thank you for taking time to answer this. Ron's solution was actually what I was looking for. However, I will save your steps for whenever I need to zoom in just a particular area, very useful, thank you!

DoinaGumeniuc
      Community Member

Hi Ron! Wow I didn't know there was such an option (even after googling). Thank you so much, it does the job!

IrisSchlabitz
      Community Member

Oh, wow, this is the first time I hear about this option. Never saw it before :-)

Always did it as Andrew suggested. 

Thanks Ron!