Forum Discussion

higherl
Community Member
10 months ago

Overlapping audio on layer and marker

I have a layer that has audio. This layer also has a marker with audio. When you click on the marker while the layer is playing, the marker audio overlaps. I don't want to have to create a new layer to put the marker audio on. Is there another way to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

• Not sure what you mean by a marker. I'm thinking if you put a mask over the layer to prevent clicking on the marker a second time it will fix this. Without seeing the file, again I'm not sure what is happening.

• The layer audio is triggered to play. When you click the marker with audio, the marker audio is triggered to play. That's why you hear both tracks.

You need to have a trigger to pause the media when you click the marker. And then a trigger to play the layer media when out of the marker.

In layer:

• add trigger to play layer media when timeline starts
    • add a trigger to the marker to pause media when marker clicked
    • add a trigger to play layer media when content closes

That should work for you.

higherl
      Community Member

Thank you. This works good. It looks like I have another issue now though. :(

Although the audio pauses on the layer, the timeline still keeps going. I have text animations and it's still appearing when I'm on the Marker icon. Can you advise how to fix that?

• Perhaps an alternative is to pause timeline and resume timeline of the layer instead of media.

higherl
      Community Member

I tried this, but it's not playing the audio when I click on the Marker icon.

• If you want the animation on the timeline to stop you need a trigger to pause the timeline. And a trigger to resume it. If you're trying to pause the layer timeline, add the trigger to the marker.