Forum Discussion

NielsVollrath-5
Community Member
2 months ago

PDF in webobject - Page jumps

So, I uploaded a PDF to a server and used to link to insert a Web Object. When I open the link in a browser and when I test the link in the Web Object setup, it opens on page 1. However, when I publish the course, it always opens on page 13. 

Any idea what the cause is?

Also, if one edits an existing Web Object, a editing window pops up. I closed that window once by clicking the X on the top right. Now it won't open anymore. When I go to Edit, no window pops up. 

• When I open the link in a browser and when I test the link in the Web Object setup, it opens on page 1. However, when I publish the course, it always opens on page 13.

this is that is probably the feature "reopen pdf at last viewed position" in MS Edge and Firefox

if you don't like it, you can disable it in Edge

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Niels,
    Im not sure about either of these suggestions (sorry!) but maybe worth a try.

1. Opening on Page 13 sounds like it just a caching issue, and your browser might just be opening it at the last page you visited when previously testing. Using an "ingonito/private" browser tab for testing, should solve this for testing.

2. I dont see that behaviour within my SL. I can close the WO edit window  and open it as many times as needed.
    One thing to try is the REDOCK ALL WINDOWS menu command. Does that bring the WO edit window back for you?

Sorry I cant be of more definite help!

NielsVollrath-5
      Community Member

Hey Andrew, thanks for your reply. Jürgen found the issue I think. As for the editing window. I tried to redock all windows, but that didn't work. Looks like my installation is broken and I have to reinstall. Thanks!