Forum Discussion

StephanieSto307
Community Member
8 months ago

Placeholder content switching when moving between layouts

Hi folks,

Similar to a previous discussion raised here but I haven't found the resolution... https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/content-switching-placeholders-when-moving-between-layouts

I have created a template with placeholders on a number of layouts. 

When testing the template, I found that the content and text in the placeholders in the initial layout, switches when you apply a different layout. 

Further layouts selected maintain the switched order - even going back to the initial layout, it holds the switched order. 

I set up a test file with text and content placeholders to demonstrate issue and have attached a screenshot of how the placeholders switched around. 

Does anyone know if this has been resolved?

• Hi Stephanie, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. The bugs in the thread that you shared have already been fixed in previous releases of Storyline 360 so I'd like to take a closer look at your project file to check what's happening. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!

• Thanks Jose, I found the answer. 

I discovered that; 

1. Title text placeholders are different from regular text box placeholders (image attached to show how Title placeholders are identified). I'd inadvertently removed the Title placeholder, and couldn't work out how to insert a new one, so I copy/pasted one from another project into the parent slide, and that has worked. 

2. It's best to copy/paste text boxes in the slide master, from one layout to the next, and adjust placement, size etc. rather than creating new text boxes.  This way the content transposes the content from text box to text box correctly. 

Sounds obvious to me now. Lol.

Thanks.