Forum Discussion

AndreasRosenbus
Community Member
2 months ago

Play/Pause button from integrated player stays always focused on base layer => WHY ?

Setup:

• Base layer with fundamental topics and TTS
  • Layer with additional info and TTS

Issue:

• Play/Pause button works as expected on base layer
  • Entering the layer it looks like the Play/Pause button stays focused on the base layer
  • If a user clicks on the play button he is kicked out from the layer and back to the base layer which starts playing again

Questions:

• Why is the play/pause button not always focusing on the active layer ?
  • How to pause a layer with the integrated player buttons ?
  • Workaround: How to hide the play/pause button on layers if it behalfs weird like that ? (I want to keep using the integrated player play/pause button)
  • Is this a BUG ? (I can't imagine any use case where the current behaviour is bringing any benefit)

See attached video.

Any feedback or hint ?

• I would be happy about any workaround hint and if someone from Articulate could explain why the integrated player play/pause button is not focusing as well on layers.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Andreas,

Im right in the middle of stuff here, so cant reply to everything yet (but I will try to later!) but wanted to quickly say that the PLAY button can control layers if you set the LAYER PROPERTIES to "Allow Seeking = YES"

• This is exactly what I am looking for. I tested "Automatic" and "OFF" but never "ON".

I am trying to find workarounds with my US colleague since month but both of us didn't expect that functionality behind "Seeking" property.

I'm happy that I reached out to you and that you responded that quickly.

5 stars our of 5 for your professional support !!!!!

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hooray! Im so glad you got sorted Andreas.

Yes Ive found that alot of people think Storyline isnt capable of something, but actually it is.... its just hidden where we cant find it!

I suspect the Articulate engineers are secretly playing hide and seek with some of these functions. XD

Good luck with the rest of your build! :)

• Reworked my 8 layers and working like expected.

Yes, I think the issue in this case is that "Seeking" is probably the wrong term to describe what's behind.
    "Focus on layer" could be possibly more the right phrase.