Forum Discussion

DouweHarder
Community Member
2 years ago

Problems with colors in Storyline (palette and hyperlinks)

Dear Storyline colleagues,

I had problems with colors in Storyline (see below) so finally I completely uninstalled Storyline and Articulate 360 as well and installed them both again. With shutdown and restart in between.

But still I'm having problems with colors in Storyline 360:

When I click on Tab Design > Colors > Create new theme colors... Storyline crashes en closes itself.

When I click on Home > "text styles" > Hyperlink > Modify... nothing happens

Normally you get a small popup window to edit the states of the hyperlink. I don't get any popup, nothing happens!

Ar more people experiencing these problems? If not does anybody have an idea to solve this problems?

I noticed that (although I deleted Storyline completely with Storyline uninstall and Windows unistall) I still get a list of my last edited files etc. So it seems there is still some Storyline data  stored somewhere.... Maybe als some wrong settings causing the problems  I'm experiencing?

MaciejMasior
    Community Member

Same here.
    I think it's problem with latest update (September 20, 2022 (Build 3.68.28773.0)).
    Just go back to version from August 23, 2022 (Build 3.67.28569.0).

KellyHoskins
    Community Member

I just installed Articulate Storyline, and I am getting the same problem as Douwe mentioned in the first note.

How can I go back to the previous version if I just installed Articulate today?

• Hello,

I’m sorry about Storyline closing when you were trying to create a new color theme! This is a regression that came about with our latest update (Build 3.68.28773.0). Our engineering team is aware of the situation and is working on a fix as quickly as possible.

Thank you for making us aware of the issue! We’ll be sure to update you as soon as this fix is released! 

KellyHoskins
      Community Member

Thank you! I am working with the free trial to teach myself how to use
      Storyline 360. I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong when I installed
      the app. Thank you for replying so quickly.

Blessings,
      Kelly Hoskins, EdD

• Hi Kelly,

Reinstalling a previous version of Storyline can be done in the Articulate 360 app. Here are the steps!

1. Open Articulate 360
    2. Next to Storyline 360, click the arrow to the left of the Open button
    3. Click Other versions
    4. Click Install next to the version you would like to install

I hope this helps you out!

KellyHoskins
      Community Member

I tried that and got the message "failed to install."

Blessings,
      Kelly Hoskins, EdD

DouweHarder
    Community Member

Thanks a lot everybody for the great help. I might try to switch to a previous version or wait for the engineers to come up with a fix. I'm in the middle of a complicated project right now and I prefer not to change Storyline unless I really need the color functions.

fabian
    Community Member

It seems that Articulate fixed this bug with the latest update.

DouweHarder
      Community Member

Indeed. I installed the new version and both problems (palette and hyperlink colors) are solved.

Thank you Articulate for the quick response and solution.

• still having the problem.. latest version made things worse. I can't use the color picker and now not even see the modifications. 

• Hi Melissa,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with the latest version of Storyline. I've opened a support case on your behalf so we can troubleshoot further. You'll be receiving an email soon from one of our Support Engineers!