Forum Discussion

RyanDeWitt-c113
Community Member
3 years ago

Product Simulator for Science - Using heavy Javascript JS Math

I've just finished a fun project. (link below) I made a Science simulator with Storyline for STEM or Pro Education. The results are scientifically (statistically) accurate. I exported some complicated formulas from a Predictive Analytics software called JMP and attached it to the Run buttons. After you set values using dials and radio buttons, it checks the logic and ranges and simulates those values. I animated using simple frame-by-frame imagery. Next, I will be adding the ability to save factor and response values to an array and export values.

ryandewitt.com | design - video - learning

Try it for yourself , I'd love some feedback.  

DOE Simulator - Paper Helicopter

• Wow, Ryan! This is impressive! I like that it's color-coded so I can see what I'm making changes to. I've only ever built paper airplanes. Now, I can officially say I've built a digital paper helicopter. 🚁😁 Thanks so much for sharing this with the community! 

• That is really great fun. It would be nice to be able to adjust the settings and rerun without resetting, it is great though

• If I was being picky the initial value for the dials should already be set as they show value on the dials 

• This is really great. Love it. As i do work for Fontys Engineering, im quite sure they would love this kind of simulators. Especially when they are physically accurate.